BD-01 Instructor - About Robert D. Dale
My mission is to help leaders grow amid transitions.
My professional arc includes:
- Leader coach—since 2007
- Regional judicatory in VA—as denominational executive and founding director of leadership development center—1989-2006
- Seminary professor in NC—in health of leaders & congregations—1977-1988
- Staff, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, NC (study leave, 1983)
- National denominational ministries—in leader development---1973-1977
- Local church ministries—in MO, OK, TX, and KS---1959-1972
My writing outreach includes:
- Two dozen books on leadership and congregational dynamics, including
- GROWING AGILE LEADERS: Coaching Leaders to Move with Sure-Footedness in a Seismic World (Coach Approach Ministries, 2011)
- MEMORIES OF THE FUTURE: A Memoir of VA Baptists’ Young Leaders’ Program, 1989-2009 (Center for Baptist Heritage, 2009)
- CULTIVATING PERENNIAL CHURCHES: Your Guide to Long-Term Growth (Chalice, 2008)
- SEEDS FOR THE FUTURE: Growing Organic Leaders for Living Churches (Chalice, 2005)
- TO DREAM AGAIN: Help Your Church Come Alive (Broadman, 1981)
- Associate editor, Christian Coaching Magazine---2010-present
My formal training includes:
- Ph.D. in Christian ethics---from Southwestern Seminary and Kansas University
- Post-doctoral studies in leadership, American religion, and clinical psychology
- Certified in MindFrames, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Modes, Volunteer Organization Leadership Survey, Capability Analysis, and a variety of other leadership and coaching assessments
Certified as a leader coach by Valwood, affiliated with Coach Approach Ministries, Executive Career Hub, and International Coach Federation.
My coaching practice positions me as a thought partner with growing leaders, a mutual relationship making me a “guide-by-your-side” (not a “sage-on-the-stage”). I try to add calm in chaotic situations, clarity amid muddle and focus for your futures.